These items are available either through this site or at local Bend, OR stores

Creating functional art furnashings using everyday recycled materials.

Please email: Lostindesertdesigns@gmail.com if interested in any of these pieces or for any custom orders.



Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chipped edge mirror with simple recycled pine frame




I decided that I wanted to experiment witth making a chipped edge mirror. This makes a very nice effect around the edges of the mirror. I went through quite a few of mirrors to perfect this but now that I've made some special tooling its a snap to repeat. I wanted to give this mirror a nice and simple frame so it didn't detract from the cool effects of the mirror. I made the frame from some old pine boards that were lying around my barn.

















No comments:

Post a Comment